Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bugs Bunny Music, Part 1

The playcount on Con Te Partiro, Andrea Boccelli and Sarah Brightman, since I bought it for 99 cents 3 days ago, is at 91 and heading up.

A little nuts? Yes, but it got me to put together a fantastic playlist of my opera favorites, some of them spunky enough to lead to a fabulous drumming session on all surfaces in the kitchen with the kids:

Largo Al Factotum from the Barber of Seville (Rossini)
La Donna e Mobile from Rigoletto (Verdi)
Libiamo (the drinking song) from La Traviata (Verdi)
and of course Funiculi, Funicula thrown in for extra liveliness.

Also on the playlist (entitled Bugs Bunny Music, after an old flame who worked at a juvenile facility and got the kids to listen to classical music by calling it Bugs Bunny music) is much from Boheme, plenty of Verdi my all time favorite composer, and some old favorites from my 3 tenors cd's, including Pavarotti singing O Sole Mio. I consider myself very lucky to have seen the 3 tenors in concert at Ohio State about 6 years ago, and also Pavarotti solo at the Shark Tank in San Jose, close to 12 years ago. Both stunning performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment