Monday, July 27, 2009

Random Rediscoveries

So the random event about a year ago was finding 10 Things I Hate About You on sale on iTunes for $4.99, and thinking, hey that had some great shots of Seattle and I kind of remember liking that movie. Then forgetting about it for a long time, and rediscovering it a few weeks ago. Thinking hey, those are still great shots of Seattle and that is an awesome soundtrack! Next thing you know I'm playing the end credits a hundred times while pausing, rewinding and trying to write everything down. What came out of this was a hunt for all the songs I could find, including

and Letters to Cleo with Come On, Cruel to Be Kind, I Want You to Want Me. The final shot of the band on the roof - excellent.

What I couldn't find included Sprung Monkey - Get 'Em Outta Here and some others. One thing leads to another, including the dialogue reference to Bikini Kill reminding me that I loved L7 when they played in a dorm (!) at Bryn Mawr while I was in college. So along comes Bricks are Heavy.

That was the high school movie, next up is the reunion movie. Grosse Pointe Blank, including the Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun. I'll have to work on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment