Friday, July 24, 2009

Owl City

... was reviewed by EW this week. Surprising for "Hello Seattle" fans who got the link from their sister who got it from her 15 year old son who got it from another kid on the bus at frisbee camp in Wisconsin somewhere. Surprising until you read that his is the "fourth-most-played act on MySpace, where teen girls eat that stuff up." (credit the quote to Melissa Maerz who wrote the review for EW) So I'm now in the teen girl category, yikes. I almost bought the el cheapo ticket when he was playing at the Grog Shop in Cleveland, due to the sheer surprise that he was traveling or playing live at all. And no, I don't know who "he" is. I'd have to actually go to MySpace for that. But now I'm going to go check out Ocean Eyes, the new cd, and listen to "Dental Care". Because how can you not be interested in a song with a name like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment